AECOM is currently offering Permanent Way Design Engineer position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Permanent Way Design Engineer||Company Name:||AECOM||Job Location:||England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||AECOM||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
AECOM is seeking to hire a Permanent Way Engineer to work in the York track team. The role will require experience in plain line design, S&C design, track componentry, minor site surveys, bid preparation, liaising with internal & external clients and mentoring junior team members.
The primary focus of this role is to undertake track designs throughout the entire delivery cycle (feasibility to construction) and assist the senior team members with all aspects of the assurance process.
Specific tasks to be performed are inclusive of the following:
- Production of track designs and provision of technical support throughout to support all stages of the design process.
- Independently deliver and manage the production of design deliverables in accordance with client requirements (i.e. Form A, Form B and For Construction submissions) with supporting appendices as required. In achieving this you will be responsible for:
- S&C designs, plain line designs, accompanying reports, bid preparation, client interface.
- Technical quality of deliverables – undertaking checks of design deliverables
- Timely delivery in accordance with design programmes
- Attendance at integration meetings and presenting designs
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment.
Specific Skills Required :
- Demonstrable experience in the application of track design principles
- Demonstrable competence in the design of Permanent Way especially within the Network Rail Infrastructure environment
- Competent user of Bentley™ RailTrack Design package and Microstation CAD package.
- Competent user of ClearRoute 2™ software for kinematic gauging
- Knowledge of track maintenance practices and construction methodologies and the ability to consider/define requirements within design development.
- Knowledge of system interfaces which impact on track design principles and demonstrable experience if the successful management of interfaces within design experience.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop and deliver presentations, preparation of technical reports.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes an approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry-level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of railway track throughout the engineering process from project inception to delivery, specifically on Network Rail Infrastructure .
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages (Bentley™ RailTrack™, Microstation™, ClearRoute2, SD Calculator).
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team whilst having a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict project deadlines
- Good communication skills when dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Eng Tech or demonstrable evidence of progression to professional accreditation.
- Recognised engineering qualification or preferably a degree in Engineering
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Civil
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Strategic Business Unit Europe & India
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 273224BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.