AECOM is currently offering Graduate Economic Development Consultant position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London Area, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Graduate Economic Development Consultant||Company Name:||AECOM||Job Location:||London Area, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||AECOM||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
The Economic Development teams are looking to recruit an Economic Development Consultant. In order to work on a wide range of projects at once, the individual must have an analytical mind, be flexible and organised. They should have an interest in a broad range of work in economic development and regeneration, research and quantitative and qualitative analysis.
The work of the Economic Development team is extremely varied and includes: socio-economic research and impact assessments; advice on major economic development projects and services; sector and infrastructure studies; cost-benefit analyses; business case development/economic appraisal; and surveys of employment land and business sentiment.
Examples of projects the Economic Development team are involved in include:
Crossrail 2, London. The team is working as an integral part of the Growth and Development team at Crossrail 2 – a major planned rail infrastructure investment in London – covering town planning and economic development work. This includes providing analysis to test the economic and regeneration impacts of different route and design options, and to test different delivery and financing options. The project is expected to deliver major benefits to the region to support the growth of London and the South East.
A5 Housing Infrastructure Bid, Warwickshire. The team was involved in leading and writing the Economic Case for the scheme’s bid to central Government for Housing Infrastructure Fund monies working closely with the transport modelling team and sub consultants. This includes developing a Land Value Uplift model to monetise the benefits of the scheme for Warwickshire, developing the Strategic Case for the bid and identifying market failures and how the scheme addresses them.
Stratford Waterfront, London. The team oversaw the preparation of a socio-economic assessment and ES chapter for the planning application for Stratford Waterfront, a large regenerative mixed use scheme which will form as part of a new cultural and higher education district in Stratford. The report included the assessment of potential direct and indirect effects of the development on the local and regional economies, and assessed varied socio-economic impacts such as induced employment and GVA, effects on open spaces; children play space and provision of public amenities. A health impact assessment of the scheme was also undertaken to maximise the social benefits for existing and new residents.
Enfield Economy Study – the team prepared a suite of studies for the growing London Borough of Enfield: a review of the supply and demand for employment land (use classes B1, B2 and B8); a demand led local economic assessment to support the Borough’s aspirations to grow their local business base and attract inward investment; a business survey to build the council’s evidence base; a detailed business activity mapping exercise; and case studies of new development typologies. This work feeds into a wider assignment to opine on the future of industrial land in the borough to 2060.
This is an entry level position for a recent graduate. The individual should be highly numerate, comfortable with quantitative data and analysis and will be responsible for the basic core research of the project. This can involve conducting internet or desk research, gathering information through phone or face to face interviews and site visits, or generating demographic information. The consultant is responsible for making the information comprehensible and for providing a base analysis for its meanings and implications, including providing well-written inputs into reports.
The role involves:
- Data collection, primary research, literature reviews and undertaking consultation with a range of stakeholders utilising a range of methods (e.g. telephone, face-to-face and electronic).
- Delivery of high-quality quantitative and qualitative analysis and research across a number of short and longer term projects.
- Interpretation of technical information/analysis in a clear, concise and credible manner, inputting into reports and proposals.
- Helping to identify project opportunities for the team.
- Supporting the creation of presentations for clients and internal presentations.
- Providing a range of other ad hoc advice and support for the team, such as proposals and marketing input.
The graduate will work as part of a team under the direction of Associates and Project Managers working on projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They will be paired with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
- Hold a 2.1 or First Class honors degree in Geography, Economics, Town / Urban Planning, Urban Regeneration & Development, Sustainable Urbanism or another relevant degree.
- Be highly numerate.
- Have a keen interest in drivers of economic growth in different geographies including infrastructure and land use.
- Computer proficiency with the Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hold strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence to conduct face to face and telephone interviews.
- Be comfortable in dealing with quantitative and qualitative data and analysis from primary and secondary sources.
- Possess a writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional.
- A good listener accepting of input from team members.
- A team player with a positive attitude who is highly motivated and proactive.
- Flexible in work approach and willing to travel to other offices when required.
- Effective time management and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes.
- Although not essential it would be beneficial if the ideal candidate has experience and/or an interest in GIS, research or design (e.g. survey and sample design).
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Economics
Business Line Architecture
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Strategic Business Unit Europe & India
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 274508BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.