AECOM is currently offering Graduate Landscape Architect position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London Area, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Graduate Landscape Architect||Company Name:||AECOM||Job Location:||London Area, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||AECOM||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
We’re seeking a Graduate Landscape Architect to support our planning and design teams. This role will suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in an award-winning team that’s growing and at the forefront of innovation within the wider business.
AECOM offers an extensive, highly flexible package of benefits and we would be interested to hear from applicants seeking either a part-time or full-time role. We’ll consider applicants with excellent design skills and a desire to gain experience in UK-based, LVIA and landscape planning work.
Role responsibilities include the production of drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software at various stages of development for LVIA, planning and design projects, assist in compiling tender submissions, writing concise technical reports and contributing to conference calls, meetings and workshops, project management and the development of inspirational ideas to resolve complex project issues. We would like you to bring your skills and embed placemaking and climate resilience into our projects.
As a member of one of the UK’s largest and most diverse landscape practices, you’ll take a key role on a range of regionally significant projects, including exemplar regeneration, environmental enhancement and infrastructure schemes, as well as ground-breaking national and international projects.
You’ll be supported in expanding your experience and developing your career within a structured, friendly team environment. We’ll pair you with an experienced team member as your guide and mentor as you start working on live projects.
At AECOM, our large, national team delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across the UK and beyond. We work in dynamic and challenging environments, in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of public and private sector clients, including Highways England, HS2, the Environment Agency, Local Authorities, the National Trust, Universities and educational institutions. We work across the fields of development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation to develop integrated and award-winning projects.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
You should be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical expertise to carry out the following:
- Excellent design skills
- Ability to innovate and develop inspirational ideas to resolve complex project issues
- Assist in project management responsibilities, including contractual, financial and programme management under the supervision of senior colleagues
- Ability and personality to establish strong working relationships with other members of Landscape team and with multi-disciplinary teams across the business
- Clear communication, including the ability to write concise technical reports and contribute to conference calls, meetings and workshops
- Be client facing and respond to client requirements.
- Produce or oversee the production of drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software, with necessary level of detail as required at various stages of development for LVIA, planning and design projects
- Assist in compiling tender submissions
All applicants must upload a portfolio adhering to the size specifications set
All applicants must be willing to work from one of the following office locations – London, Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester, Cambridge or Leeds.
- Degree or Master’s in Landscape Architecture or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of UK legal planning system with respect to landscape architecture
- Experience of working / desire to work on high-quality landscape and /or townscape and visual impact assessments and appraisals
- Fluency in English, excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience of some or all the following: AutoCAD; Adobe Creative Cloud; ArcGIS; AutoCAD Civils 3D; Revit; and ProjectWise
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, hard working, with ambition and drive
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate and independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands.
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Strong attention to detail.
- A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys often with equipment
- Previous work experience in a landscape architecture environment.
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment would be beneficial, including work placements or relevant voluntary experience.
- Full driving licence as site work with equipment may be required
- Previous relevant work experience in a year out capacity from recognised Landscape practice would be beneficial.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Business Line Architecture
Business Group Corporate
Strategic Business Unit Human Resources
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 275387BR
Additional Locations IE – Dublin – Adelphi Plaza, UK – Belfast – Clarence West, UK – Birmingham – Colmore Plaza, UK – Cambridge – Wellbrook Court, UK – Edinburgh – Tanfield, UK – Leeds, UK – Manchester – 1 New York Street
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.