Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently offering Migrations Consultant position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Migrations Consultant||Company Name:||Amazon Web Services (AWS)||Job Location:||London, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Amazon Web Services (AWS)||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
AWS Professional Services provides a flexible career path, providing you access to learn AWS Services, gain AWS and industry Certifications. We encourage you to use your creative cloud skills to implement technical and business solutions for our customers.
This is a customer facing role however we operate a hybrid working model (virtual and face to face). You will be required to travel to UK client locations (~3 days on customer site per week) to deliver professional services to our customers.
Are you a migrations expert who has experience with executing migrations from on-premises to the AWS Cloud? Would you like to work with our customers to help them plan, prepare and execute migrations and leverage the benefits of the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for technical hands-on migration experts to help accelerate our growing National Security and Public Safety business in the UK. Cloud technology presents a real opportunity to transform service delivery as well as increase operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced cloud consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
Candidates must be hands-on migration experts, who can help our clients and partners migrate their business-critical applications to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to determine migration strategies, build migration business cases, analyse application portfolios, perform application assessments, develop migration plans, design migration processes, implement migration tools, support the migration execution, and ensure operational integration. These professional services engagements will focus on leading our customers through large-scale migration programs using the AWS migration methodology, AWS migration services and AWS tools such as AWS Migration Hub, AWS Application Discovery Service and AWS Database Migration Service.
You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, and using these to help customers understand how to architect and implement systems and applications in the cloud. You will be comfortable working alongside AWS partners, including systems integrators and ISVs, to deliver the best possible customer outcomes. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, create demos and proof-of-concepts, and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the AWS platform.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Are you a technical professional with experience working on technical and business transformations? Would you like to work with our customers to help them understand and leverage the benefits of the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers use cloud computing to do new things? Can you help customers understand cloud technologies through consulting on a multi-disciplinary team? Do you have experience in helping customers to analyse existing systems and to design and deliver modern solutions?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for individuals who have a technical background and have the desire to use cloud computing to help accelerate our growing National Security and Public Safety Professional Services business in the UK.
AWS Professional Services Offers
- A rewarding, flexible career, with the opportunity to develop your technical, and consultancy skills
- The ability to learn on the job and expand your skills
- Dedicated training with time to gain AWS and industry certifications
- Direct access to AWS Service and Training teams, training teams
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers, providing experience, best practices, and obsessing about success for our Customers. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive innovation for our customers across National Security and Public Safety.
AWS Professional Services technology presents a real opportunity to transform service delivery as well as increase operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced cloud consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
Key job responsibilities
- As Senior Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
- You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams.
- You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations.
- You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms.
- You will guide customers’ technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
- You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
A day in the life
- Working Backwards from desired customer outcomes to design and deliver technical solutions
- Working on projects with autonomy and discretion
- Advising customers how to implement solutions
- Assisting customers with building Proof of Concepts and implementing AWS services
- Collaborating with Sales and AWS Service Teams
- Researching, validating, and beta testing new AWS Services
- Presenting workshops one to one, or one to many
- Hands-on experience in leading large-scale migration programs with expertise the following domains: migration strategy design, migration business case creation, application portfolio analysis, application assessment, migration process design, migration tool implementation, migration execution, or operational integration.
- Hands-on experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Good experience with agile project management methodologies
This role requires candidates to be eligible for UK Security Check: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels
You are required to be a UK National for this role.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or another cloud provider
- An AWS Certification – Solutions Architect Associate or a Specialty Cert
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2081028