Website British Army
Army nurses can find themselves working in a variety of settings. These can vary from NHS hospitals within Joint Hospital Group hospital units to ground-based environments such as medical regiments and field hospitals. Nursing personnel deal with a wide range of medical situations, which could involve caring for civilian and military patients in the UK to military casualties of war and conflict.
- Excellent continued professional development up to and beyond MSc level
- On operations you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, often alongside other multi-national forces
- Provide general and specialist nursing care to soldiers and civilians
- Manage daily patient case load on a ward within a Joint Hospital Group
- You could work in modern UK hospitals or the more austere and challenging conditions of a field hospital abroad
- As a Registered Nurse, you’ll command a team that provides the highest standard of care.
- You can choose to join as an Officer or Soldier – both roles will stretch your clinical and leadership abilities.
- As a soldier you will follow a regular nursing career pathway.
- Officers will take on additional leadership and management responsibilities within the Army, alongside their nursing duties.
- Age: 17 years 9 months – 36 years 11 months
Qualification & Experience:
- If you’ve got your qualifications, then apply online. Your application will be passed to our specialist team, who will help guide you through the process towards joining in this role.
- You will be invited to an insight course where you will be offered a career discussion to advise which role best suits you – either Soldier or Officer.
Company: British Army
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A