AstraZeneca is currently offering Statistician/Senior Statistician position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Cambridge CB2 Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Statistician/Senior Statistician||Company Name:||AstraZeneca||Job Location:||Cambridge CB2||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||AstraZeneca||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
Statistician/Senior Statistician – Pre-Clinical
Location – Cambridge, UK
Permanent position, open to part-time applications (minimum 0.6 FTE)
Competitive salary and benefits offered
Are you a dedicated and curious applied Statistician? Would you like to join us on our journey where your contributions supporting our preclinical and nonclinical scientists will have a profound impact on R&D?
We see you as our new Senior Statistician in our Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department based in Cambridge, UK. The team you will join is built up of biostatisticians, bioinformaticians, machine-learning specialists and image analysts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will need to apply and further develop your statistical knowledge and collaborate with researchers and other data teams on a variety of projects. To be successful in this, you will have a problem-solving attitude and a perceptive approach. You will work on multiple projects to provide support for programs, such as drug discovery, pre-clinical in-vivo or in vitro studies, assay and process development, quality control, and various ‘omics platforms.
We will rely on you to:
- Identify and deliver solutions for addressing key biological questions through statistics
- Build relationships with partners to demonstrate value of statistics across AZ
- Communicate statistical concepts and results to engage a diverse audience
- Improve the underlying statistical capabilities and awareness of customers
- Contribute to and lead both local and global projects
- Engage with external collaborators via publications and presentations
- A self-started who works independently driving projects forward.
- Be innovative in the identifying areas where you can have impact, in the statistical solutions you propose and in how you engage with the partners.
We believe that your focus is set on solving challenging problems through collaboration and partnerships. You are an expert in your field and you know that the best results are achieved by using the strengths of every individual.
- PhD in statistics, mathematics, data science or equivalent experience
- Programming experience with R, Python, or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians
- Sound understanding of statistics methods and applications.
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience in applying statistics to biological problems
- Experience in exploring and optimizing experimental design
- General knowledge of the drug research and development process
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete your application on our website at your earliest convenience.
We would like to know more about you.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
For more information about the position, please contact Natasha Karp [email protected]
Date advert open: 10th October 2022
Date closed for applications: 30th November 2022