BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Intelligence Analyst in the Workplace Violence Coordination Unit you will conduct high quality analytical work and deliver a timely analytical service in support of BTP’s objectives and priorities.
- To facilitate additional, targeted responses at Workplace Violence (WPV) hotpots, improving the safety and security of rail staff.
- To enable coordination of tasking across agencies, supporting development of a comprehensive, cohesive security plan for those delivering at a tactical level.
- Conduct analysis at a strategic, tactical and operational level, identifying and using appropriate analytical tools and techniques to interpret gaps, patterns and trends, assess threat, risk and harm and make recommendations in support of decision making, prioritization and resource allocation.
- Establish and interpret requirements to ensure the needs of key stakeholders are met.
- Collect and evaluate data and information to support the creation of a collection plan and the delivery of analytical products.
- Good working knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and relevant legislation (for example Investigatory
- Powers Act, Data Protection Act, Management of Police Information).
- Briefed and/or presented analysis of complex data sets to investigation teams, officers of varying rank or senior management.
- Research, analyze and assimilate large volumes of complex data obtained from a variety of sources.
- Experience of working in a team and prioritizing workloads.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of a variety of systems/software including i2 Analyst Notebook and Microsoft Office.
- Liaising with external agencies and stakeholders to develop an exchange of information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in an intelligence development environment and to hold a nationally recognised accreditation in analysis such as NIAT.
- Experience of conducting and presenting intelligence research including the use of open source techniques.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A