GE Aerospace is currently offering Business Leader for Repair & Accessories position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Prestwick, Scotland, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Business Leader for Repair & Accessories||Company Name:||GE Aerospace||Job Location:||Prestwick, Scotland, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||GE Aerospace||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Job Description Summary This position will be a key member of the Caledonian Senior Leadership Team who will be responsible for providing leadership, planning & direction to the component repair operations team. This role will be key to ensuring the team achieves and meets targets and metrics in relation to Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost (SQDC) plans, and to manage the operational processes in that area. As well as leading the team on current repair activity, key to this role is the accountability for timely and successful inload & offload of repairs. Job Description Essential Responsibilities
- Safety – Ensure compliance with all EHS requirements and to actively promote continuous improvement in EHS activities throughout the team.
- Quality – Drive quality improvements throughout the process and at all times ensure that compliance with all regulatory & company requirements is maintained.
- Delivery – To meet all requirements for engine and single item delivery metrics and to champion continuous improvement for the customer within the process.
- Cost – Reduction & Productivity – Drive cost reduction and productivity opportunities throughout the operation
- People – Provide ongoing Leadership & direction to the team, encouraging and developing talent within the team. Actively encourage teamwork and employee engagement. Demonstrate personal adherence to GE Values and Growth Traits, acting as a role model and champion of these behaviors. To be responsible for performance management issues within the team.
- Integrity – Provide Leadership and direction to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, company policies & procedures and ethical behavior
- Planning – Be responsible for setting, implementing and execution of load & capacity planning and gate targets
- Lean – Actively use Lean tools & techniques throughout the operation to maximize improvement activities and opportunities and support & encourage the use of the tools by the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate others within a team environment
- Proven process knowledge / management skills
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Demonstrate ability as a change agent and of influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Results orientation and record of achieving performance objectives
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes