Website Cabinet Office
Cabinet Office is currently offering Senior ServerOps Engineer – Cabinet Office Internship position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Manchester, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Senior ServerOps Engineer – Cabinet Office Internship||Company Name:||Cabinet Office||Job Location:||Manchester, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Cabinet Office Jobs||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
The Senior ServerOps Engineer is part of the Technology Pillar which provides, maintains and supports the infrastructure, telephony, network, Wifi, end-user devices, cloud capability and software across the entire Cabinet Office estate. Our user base includes the Cabinet Office, Crown Commercial Services, Estates and Government Property Agency. This role can be located in either London or Manchester, with remote working available.
- Work with service providers to troubleshoot issues through to resolution
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organisation’s current and future requirements
- Maintain the necessary documentation of all system builds, design documents and modifications.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Test all changes to hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers and productivity tools
- Directory Services, PKI, System Centre, Event Log Management, Security and Integrity, Compliance, Patching, Monitoring, Change Control, Project related requirements
- Work within strict time frames and escalate incidents with any 3rd party suppliers within defined timeframes
- Professionally represent the ServerOps team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting or other coding techniques such as infrastructure as code (IAC)
- Understanding of print services and administration of managed print systems
- Experience implementing planned changes to infrastructure and Change Control
- Strong proven experience in managing infrastructure in AWS including Landing Zone, Route53, S3 and Backup
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of supporting infrastructure services for a large user base
- Experience analyzing system performance data
- Strong experience managing and administering Windows Servers including experience working with Active Directory and related services such as DHCP, DNS, PKI, LDAP and Group Policy
Company: Cabinet Office
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A