Gwynedd Council is currently offering Casual Storiel Site Assistant position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Freelance at their office in Bangor Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Casual Storiel Site Assistant||Company Name:||Gwynedd Council||Job Location:||Bangor||Job Type:||Freelance||Job Category:||Gwynedd Council||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
Purpose of the post
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd are at the heart of everything we do.
- To provide access and supervise the site, prepare spaces and caretaker duties
Responsibility for functions
- Be available to open and close the building according to the timetable.
- Act as point of contact to hire the building/spaces/lawn and co-ordinate and process orders and payments.
- Assist the manager with the administration of Storiel.
- Clean and tidy the building and its spaces according to a specific work plan and timetable and monitor the site regularly during the day.
- Prepare and clear spaces for activities, meetings, refreshments according to the daily programme etc.
- Supervise the reception and shop as required.
- Greet and welcome the public including various groups such as schools etc.
- Promote the work of the site and deal with face-to-face and over the phone enquiries from visitors.
- Assist with the work of promoting Gwynedd as a tourist destination.
- Sell products from the shop, keep basic accounts and receive money for sales.
- Receive gifts to the museum and gallery.
- Assist with exhibitions e.g. transport exhibitions as required.
- The post is located in Storiel but the post-holder could occasionally be re-located to assist at other establishments within the Service.
- Ensure compliance with workplace Health and Safety rules in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Work within the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for self-development.
- Responsibility for managing information in accordance with the Council’s information management standards and guidelines. Ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with data protection legislation.
- Any other equivalent duties at the request of the line manager.
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules in the workplace in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Operate within the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information in accordance with the Council’s information management guidelines. Ensure that personal information is treated in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Commitment to reducing the Council’s carbon emissions in accordance with the Carbon Management Plan, and to encourage others to act positively towards reducing the Council’s Carbon Footprint.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty which corresponds to the salary level and responsibility level of the job.
- Responsibility to report any concern or suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: Up to £9.59 per hour
- Weekend availability
Reference ID: 22-23235