Deloitte is currently offering Manager, Risk Transformation position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Permanent at their office in London Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Manager, Risk Transformation||Company Name:||Deloitte||Job Location:||London||Job Type:||Permanent||Job Category:||Deloitte||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly. This is your opportunity to join Deloitte’s market-proven Non-financial Risk Advisory team with the focus on providing innovative solutions to our clients across non-financial risk and risk culture and contributing to our ambitious growth plans in risk transformation
Our Non-financial Risk team offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing solutions based on our client needs. We design, implement, and transform risk operating models and risk & compliance processes to help manage non-financial risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis. In addition, we help clients develop an effective risk culture to underpin their risk management activities.
We are seeking to attract individuals who bring an understanding of risk operating models, as well as the non-financial risk and regulatory landscape to help us deliver our services to clients and grow our risk management capabilities internally. In addition, given our clients are increasingly demanding new and creative ways to address their challenges, a creative, problem-solving mind-set with an ability to drive change will be important.
We are seeking a candidate with a background in enterprise risk management, non-financial risk or risk operating models who can demonstrate a track record of subject area knowledge, relationship building and a desire to gain experience and progress their career. An awareness of financial risk is beneficial, particularly from an operating model perspective, but detailed financial risk knowledge is not required.
Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity initially focused on the UK market in a supportive, challenging, and fast-growing environment.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you, please do discuss it with us.
- Focus on providing innovative solutions to our clients across enterprise risk management, operational risk management and contributing to our ambitious growth plans for risk transformations and risk operating model propositions.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Risk Advisory team, including Financial Risk and Risk Data specialists and our clients. The role requires flexibility to tackle a wide range of tasks
- Creatively apply knowledge of risk operating models and non-financial risk management strategies, frameworks, and processes to support clients and in the roll out risk transformation offerings.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, educate and advise both internal and external stakeholders on current risk operating models and non-financial risk management themes in the market and translating these into understandable and tangible insights.
- Deliver high-quality reviews, design and implementation of enterprise and operational risk management operating models, strategies, frameworks, associated risk management policies and processes consistent with regulatory requirements and market practices.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior team members and associate resources.
- Acting in the capacity of ‘engagement manager’, take ownership for all aspects of engagement delivery from scoping, programme, and team selection through to delivery, risk and quality management and budgetary control.
- Review large volumes of information quickly and efficiently to identify and disseminate the key points in a coherent manner.
- Committed to building long-term, robust, and professional working relationships with clients and key stakeholders, working with the leadership team to develop industry contacts.
- Candidates should also share our firm’s commitment to creating and maintaining a respectful and inclusive culture.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role, you should have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Financial Services experience, either as part of a Financial Services Institution or in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations particularly in the following areas: Risk operating models, Enterprise or Non-financial Risk Management or Internal Audit or related function within the financial services industry. Deep financial risk experience is not necessary, but an awareness is beneficial.
- Strong blend of risk management knowledge, including regulatory knowledge, and project management skills.
In depth knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Risk strategy and governance, including significant experience in developing target operating models and organization strategy
- Risk frameworks, policies, and processes
- Risk identification and assessment techniques
- Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) processes
- Scenario analysis
- Control frameworks
In addition, the ideal candidate would have:
- A strong work ethic and a professional and personable demeanour
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record and ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and project management skills with an ability to rapidly comprehend complex issues for operational risk impact and monitoring the development of trends
- Ability to work effectively as part of a wider team, furthering common goals and working within demanding deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and influencing skills, including strong oral and written communication of technical concepts to a non-technical audience and an ability to perform in challenging situations without conceding accuracy or quality of discernment
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo, and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- The ability to travel to client sites as required by this position.
Additional desirable attributes include:
- Experience of people leadership including in diverse environments
- Evidence of business development experience including defining and presenting on projects completed, ideas, strategies would be an advantage.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.