Deloitte is currently offering Senior Consultant, Software Asset Management position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Permanent at their office in London Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Senior Consultant, Software Asset Management||Company Name:||Deloitte||Job Location:||London||Job Type:||Permanent||Job Category:||Deloitte||Job Link Expiry:||2022-12-30||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
Senior consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Software Asset Management, Extended Enterprises Risk, Risk Advisory, London
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte’s Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
The Extended Enterprise (EE) team assists in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks associated with external business relationships. Our services focus on improving confidence in an organisation’s contractual relationships and include assisting with the validation of information exchanged between organisations and their customers, vendors and third-party service providers. Our services also help organisations improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their contract compliance monitoring processes and controls, resulting in improved business performance.
We offer our people a wide variety of career paths that include working with the largest corporate house-hold names to smaller clients in niche or emerging industries.
The Deloitte EE Software Asset Management team is made up of business advisory professionals, as well as experienced software and other IT practitioners, leveraging significant industry experience to assist clients around the world in managing the multi-layered complexity of SAM programs. We offer a variety of services, from focussed diagnostics and vendor baselines to full SAM implementations.
As a neutral third party, we aim to provide a truly objective perspective on monitoring and governing software assets. We offer a distinct approach that encompasses not just tools, but also people and processes — helping clients put the right skill sets, accountability and governance in place to effectively manage software and software assets throughout the entire lifecycle.
The right candidate would be expected to work in a team environment with Deloitte colleagues and client stakeholders. For more senior positions, candidates would also be expected to focus on business development and long-term client relationships, delivery of projects and managing and developing junior members of the team with the aim of growing Deloitte’s Software Asset Management and Extended Enterprise practice.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
We are interested in candidates with a range of backgrounds, personalities and experience, and therefore have two types of route into our team for candidates with the following alternative experience types:
Route 1: Experienced team worker/leader;
Route 2: Experienced software practitioner.
The experience types are indicative of the broad and diverse range of skills that we’re looking for in our team Candidates with skills that meet a subset of requirement across both experience types are still encouraged to apply.
Route 1: Experienced team worker/leader
For candidates thinking about applying fully or partly through Route 1, we are looking for the following behaviours and experience:
- The ability to engage with colleagues and clients of varying industries, backgrounds and authority to effectively serve our clients’ needs.
- A capability for analytical thinking and the ability to learn and apply SAM best practices and putting theory into practice.
- Demonstrate a personal accountability for performance and delivery against project deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks and to tight timescales, both independently and as part of a wider delivery team.
- Full conversancy with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience using Visio, Access and Project would be an added advantage.
- The ability and desire to learn how to interpret and manipulate complex datasets and present outputs in a digestible manner.
- Basic understanding of business processes (such as but not limited to requests, joiners/movers/leavers, asset retirement, purchasing, monitoring & reporting, change, incident resolution) and financial processes (such as but not limited to reporting, saving & avoidances); contracts, contract reviews and negotiations.
- Basic understanding of, and an appetite to learn more about information technology concepts including but not limited to hardware, software, licensing, networks and cloud technology, as well as any further experience or knowledge of the items under Route 2.
Route 2: Experienced software practitioner
For candidates thinking about applying fully or partly through Route 2, we are looking for the following experience:
- Experience in computer programming languages like PowerShell, SQL queries, Macros, VB-script, Batch, HTML and/or similar;
- ITIL / COBIT / CSAM / ISO 19770/ PMP / PRINCE2 certification will be added advantage.
- Software licence management, compliance reporting experience and identifying cost optimisation opportunities for major software vendors like Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, Veritas, Tableau, VMWare, RedHat, Open-Source GNU, Telerik/Progress and Siemens; and
o Experience in computer programming languages like PowerShell, SQL queries, macro, VB-script, Batch, and/or HTM
o Experience in visualisation tools like Power BI, Tableau, QlikView will be added advantage.
o Experience in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools like UiPath, BluePrism, and Automation Anywhere would be desirable.
- Familiarity with terminologies like active directory, proxy, DNS, RDP, disaster recovery, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, ports, single sign-on, MFA, firewall, windows registry, hyper-threading, V-motion, App-sense, containerisation.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, networks and information security.
- End-to-end asset lifecycle management experience, both in hardware and in software
- application rationalisation.
- software compliance for various software vendors.
- software procurement, contract review and negotiation.
- vendor-specific licensing knowledge, especially Tableau, VMWare, RedHat, Open-Source GNU, Telerik and Siemens.
- processes like Joiners, Movers and Leavers (JML), software request, software removal, software decommissioning and re-harvesting, Continual Service Improvement (CSI), software demand forecasting, software risk reporting, etc.
- identifying cost savings and avoidance opportunities for various software vendors, including XaaS
- Experience and knowledge in SAM, including, but not limited to:
o Fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access and Project;
o Hands-on experience of implementing, configuring and administration of SAM tools like Flexera, Snow, Aspera, ServiceNow SAM Pro or other industry-leading SAM tools;
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
What do we do?
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
What do we value?
Being a Leader at Deloitte
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.