Deloitte is currently offering SAP HANA Solution Designer position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Remote at their office in Aberdeen Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||SAP HANA Solution Designer||Company Name:||Deloitte||Job Location:||Aberdeen||Job Type:||Remote||Job Category:||Deloitte||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
Deloitte is transforming the way it delivers application integration, analytics and reporting to enable the business to realise its strategic objects to regionalise the firm and digitise the practice.
A corner stone of this programme is a bespoke HANA data warehouse which is being further developed to extend the API catalogue, analytics models and reporting (SAP Business Objects and Tableau Server) for European countries to support the rollouts of single instance SAP S/4 Finance and Salesforce CRM solutions. Our current focus is on UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Italy and the Netherlands. We are looking for an experienced HANA Developer who wants to develop their career as part of a talented and dynamic BI & Analytics team serving challenging internal customers.
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an SAP HANA Data Warehouse Solution Designer Developer, you’ll join a team providing production support of existing solutions and their ongoing development with Product Owners. There is a strong pipeline of additional work from the ITS Projects Portfolio and global/regional programmes. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the BI Data Lead, BIIS Director, the BIIS Delivery Manager, Product Owners and distributed teams.
- Working as part of a multi-country and multi-discipline team to deliver a global SAP transformation project, using SAP leading technology (S/4 HANA, HANA native data warehouse)
- Taking part in daily SCRUM round-tables to give updates / resolve issues with wider team
- Working in collaboration with other technical team members and 3rd parties to build out a HANA-based Data warehouse and master data repository
- Solution Design and hands-on development of native-HANA objects, SQLSCRIPT and information models.
- Development of client-facing HANA views for both analytics and downstream operational applications
- Development of complex ETL models, including Functions, Views and Stored Procedures
- Support transition migration of HANA XS Classic development objects to XS Advanced
- Design, build and develop the integration of new sources of data into SAP HANA data warehouse to support strategic analytics objectives
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be assigned to a local Deloitte office but may work from home by agreement with your line manager.
Your professional experience
- Experience of BI or Analytics projects as a software developer
- Hands-on SAP HANA (native) development:
- Calculation Views (Graphical and Scripted)
- CDS Objects (tables, functions, stored procedures)
- XS Classic (HANA Studio)
Knowledge of SAP recommended best-practices for optimization
- OR BI relevant hands-on development on another database / data warehouse technology
- Some understanding and awareness of data integration (e.g., SAP Data Services, SAP HANA Smart Data Integration, SAP SLT, SSIS, Alteryx etc)
- Good understanding of the basic principles of data warehousing and multi-dimensional data modelling, including end-to-end data flow mapping
- Capable of creating high-quality technical specifications / user documentation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- SAP HANA modeling XS Advanced (WEB IDE) and / or SAP Cloud Platform (Business Application Studio)
- Understand best-practice principles for integration of data requirements for visualization and report design purposes
- Understanding of BI tools (e.g. SAP BO Webi, A4O, Qlikview, Tableau), and their appropriate use-cases
- Good knowledge of best-practice for source code management, build / deployment methodologies and tools, such as Azure DEVOPS
- Experience of working with colleagues and 3rd party-development teams based offshore
- Functional knowledge of SAP R/3 or S/4 as a data source (Finance, PS, SD, HR) and/or Salesforce
- Experience / knowledge of best-practice on complex data migration projects
- Good knowledge of cyber-security best practices and principles
- Knowledge or experience of ODATA / REST API web-service interfaces
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS LOCOFFICE RTWPROG