Website Environment Agency
Environment Agency is currently offering Mechanical/Electrical Instrumentation Engineer – Environment Agency Jobs position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Preston, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Mechanical/Electrical Instrumentation Engineer – Environment Agency Jobs||Company Name:||Environment Agency||Job Location:||Preston, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Environment Agency Jobs||Job Link Expiry:||2022-12-30||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
The Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (MEICA) Engineer role is vital to the effective and efficient running of our flood risk pumping stations, water control structures and our wider business. You will be joining a MEICA team helping to assure, prioritize, plan and deliver the maintenance or replacement of our crucial assets enabling flood protection to homes, businesses and the environment; which will have an increasingly important role as we face the challenge of global climate change. Following our recent ISO55001 Asset Management accreditation, you will be working closely with external contractors to develop a world class asset management organization.
- The role will be responsible for providing technical leadership to assure technical and design standards.
- It will also be responsible for monitoring the quality and advising on the requirements to meet specialist MEICA technical, safety, legal, environmental and operational requirements, spreading across the geographic areas covering a very diverse range of assets.
- You will provide technical instructions to ensure staff across the area team involved with electrical and mechanical works comply with statutory legislation, British and European standards together with Environment Agency’s codes of practices, procedures and related guidance.
- You will provide technical, electrical/ICA/mechanical support and direction to other team members and be responsible for liaising with a wide range of business partners and leading on actions on behalf of the area MEICA Team Leader.
- Ability to influence, persuade and bring others with you.
- Outcome focused. You will need to demonstrate you can deliver the required tasks.
- An understanding of Asset Management and associated computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Writing and reviewing technical specifications.
- Technical Leadership.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to HNC/degree level or equivalent with wide vocational experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MEICA related statutory legislation, British and European standards.
- Good knowledge and experience of H&S legislation and CDM 2015.
- Knowledge and experience of Root Cause Analysis, Reliability engineering and process improvement would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of managing contractors and putting NEC/MF1 contracts in place.
Company: Environment Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Preston, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A