GE Aerospace is currently offering FPGA Technical Lead position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Cheltenham, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||FPGA Technical Lead||Company Name:||GE Aerospace||Job Location:||Cheltenham, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||GE Aerospace||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Job Description Summary We have an exciting role on offer for an experienced FPGA Engineer in a world-leading fortune 100 company that develops avionics systems for the global civil and military aviation industry.
We need an FPGA Engineer with a strong track-record of leading technical teams, developing complex systems, ideally in a highly regulated industry such as aviation, under the auspices of a globally recognized Quality Management System.
You will join our team as FPGA Technical Lead and will lead the product development life cycle for FPGA designs for avionics systems from requirements through to product-ready devices. You will know how to understand system-level requirements, translate them into FPGA-solution, and will lead the project team to complete design and verification activities on time and to quality.
You will work with engineers like you with exceptional ability, motivate the team, nurture early talent, and manage technical delivery to industry standards such as – but not limited to – DO-254 for aerospace products and occasionally IEC 61508 for non-aviation products.
You will work alongside our Electronics, Software, Systems, and Project Management teams, and collaborate with engineering teams at our global GE sites and outsource partner companies.
Knowledge of safety-critical designs and DO-254 is a distinct advantage but not an absolute requirement as you will get all the support you need from your teammates who live and breathe aviation standards. Job Description Responsibilities
- Technical point of contact for FPGA aspects of a project for internal and external engagements
- Lead the development of FPGA-based design architectures for safety-critical applications
- Manage requirements to ensure they are clear, unambiguous, and complete
- Provide technical leadership to the project team and cross functional teams
- Recommend and implement plans to deliver on technical project objectives
- Drive timely project delivery by managing the project team and the milestones
- Lead technical design and verification reviews
- Deploy and utilize sound engineering principles, best practices, and processes
- Own technical risks and issues and associated analysis and resolution
- Champion knowledge-sharing and mentor fellow team members
- Assure clear and complete documentation in line with engineering policies and procedures
- A degree or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Product development lifecycle experience preferably in aerospace
- Deep technical expertise in FPGA-based technology development
- Experience of VHDL or Verilog with solid grounding in design and verification methodologies
- Knowledge of systems engineering and requirements management
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management and experience managing outsource partner companies
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating at various organizational levels
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to generate clear documentation and other artefacts
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and grow as the role and the company evolve
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible. As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes