Website Government Legal Department Jobs
GLD is the largest provider of legal services across government, working with all the main Whitehall departments. From roads to rivers, and health to human rights, our work touches on most aspects of public life.
GLD has, at its core, client-facing advisory teams who provide legal advice across government on the development, design and implementation of government policies and decisions, draft secondary legislation and work with Parliamentary Counsel on primary legislation. In addition, we provide specialist and expert legal support in litigation, employment and commercial law to a wide range of government departments and public bodies.
- Due to the breadth of work CLGp carries out, as well as the number of government departments we support, we pride ourselves on our understanding of the wider public sector context.
- All of our people will have a good practical working understanding of commercial law and public procurement law principles, with expertise being found in these areas over time.
- The work is broad but we do not expect candidates to cover every area when they join us.
- However, successful candidates can expect to play a key role in delivering some of the most high profile, complex and far reaching commercial/litigation projects in government.
- Sound commercial legal judgement
- Ability to analyze legal commercial problems
- Your motivation to join CLGp and how you feel you will contribute effectively to such a role with GLD
- Ability to provide legally sound, risk-based advice
- A constructive approach to solving problems
Company: Government Legal Department Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A