Website HM Treasury
Are you interested in playing an important role in a key government Department that offers an exciting opportunity to be part of the decision making that affects the whole of the UK? We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Pay team within our Treasury Group Shared Services (TGSS) team.
- Creating and helping to produce a bank of training resource material. A willingness to work collaboratively across the wider team as required
- Delivering technical assistance to priority ODA-eligible countries, both in country and remotely, supporting countries to implement or work within the FATF standards. This may cover all aspects of AML/CFT supervision relevant to either the financial sector or to non financial businesses and professions, including: implementing a risk-based supervisory strategy, national and sectoral risk assessments, appraising business risk assessments, market entry controls, crafting effective preventive measures, risk-based application of supervisory and monitoring activities e.g. on-site and off-site inspections, guidance and feedback to the private sector, effective use of sanctions.
- Working with partners across government and the private sector to identify priority countries for technical assistance and build a programme of assistance with those countries.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to find opportunities for delivery of technical assistance and ensure effective delivery of programmes.
- Working with other AML/CTF technical assistance providers, including multilateral institutions, to develop a coherent and complementary provision of technical assistance in priority countries, utilizing the skills and experience of different providers.
- Delivering at pace – Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Working together – building effective partnerships and relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds to deliver outcomes.
- Changing and improving – ability to identify, communicate, and drive improvements in performance of others and embed a positive working culture.
Qualification & Experience:
- Recent experience with an AML/CFT supervisory body, advising on risk-based AML/CFT supervision strategies, policies, and practices of national AML/CFT supervisory agencies and regulators AND/OR
- Recent experience of working with a UK competent body responsible for supervision of Financial Institution s having worked with regulated entities of both large and small sectors with varying levels of AML/CFT risk, appraising and giving feedback on AML/CFT risk assessments, internal AML/CFT policies and controls, and taking effective enforcement action.
Company: HM Treasury
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A