Financial Conduct Authority
Financial Conduct Authority is currently offering Lead Associate for Risk Review and Regulatory position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Lead Associate for Risk Review and Regulatory||Company Name:||Financial Conduct Authority||Job Location:||London, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Financial Conduct Authority||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Role: Lead Associate, Risk Assurance Team, Independent Reviews, Assurance and Complaints Department, Risk and Compliance Oversight Division
At the FCA, we’re creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We’re establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The Risk and Compliance Oversight Division (R&CO) is the FCA’s second line of defence. The division works in partnership with senior management, members of the Board and colleagues across the organisation to mitigate the external and internal risks to the FCA’s statutory objectives.
One of the key ways it does that is by carrying out assurance work across the organisation and to make recommendations on how the FCA can improve the management of its risks. The findings of this work are shared with the FCA’s senior management and members of the Board.
We are now recruiting for a talented Lead Associate working in our Risk and Compliance Oversight (R&CO) Risk Assurance team.
What does this job involve?
The Assurance team is focused on delivering a programme of assurance and you will lead small teams to produce evidenced based work of a high standard, identifying specific findings, root causes and common themes. By doing so, you will provide credible assurance to senior management that risks are being appropriately managed across the FCA and promote continuous improvement in the quality of judgements and risk management.
Through this role you will gain an opportunity to carry out work across the FCA, learn about the range of activities it undertakes and play a direct role in helping the FCA to better deliver on its objectives. You will also work closely with senior management within R&CO and the other FCA Divisions.
The Key Responsibilities Of The Post Holder Will Be
- leading a team conducting desk-based reviews and interrogating information from a wide range of sources, including case management systems, process documents, project board papers and reports to divisional risk and executive committees;
- conducting interviews with internal stakeholders at all levels across the FCA to supplement the document reviews, discuss root causes of issues and identify improvements;
- forming a view on whether a weakness has been identified, understanding why it occurred in the first place and making recommendations;
- drafting succinct and high-quality reports to be presented to business areas and executive-level committees; and
- the opportunity to get involved with other ad-hoc R&CO cross-departmental initiatives and working groups.
- Coaching and mentoring associates to support their development and performance.
- Helping to develop and improve our approach to assurance.
- Sharing technical information and knowledge to develop capability across the Review Team and wider R&CO division.
- Leading on and/ or contributing to internal projects to improve the divisional culture, practices and behaviours.
What will I get from the role?
Working in R&CO, you will be an impartial voice in the FCA, providing strong, independent oversight of the organisation’s activities and approach, through challenge and assurance.
You will gain exposure to a wide variety of business areas and to some of the most important programmes of work across the organisation, including Transformation and Business Plan priorities.
As an Academy business, we place great value on your learning and we offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations. Our Academy offers you a range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
This role will offer a unique insight into risk management across the FCA and interesting, challenging and reward work with the opportunity to
- make a real difference to the FCA’s continuous improvement by identifying areas of improvement and lessons to be learned
- build upon your existing skills and knowledge and develop your career
- gain an understanding and experience of different divisions and sectors across
- Work with and influence a wide range of internal stakeholders and in doing so, build your network of contacts
- Line manage, coach and mentor a small team of senior associates
- engage with senior management across the FCA
We’re a signatory to the Government’s Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate’s CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.
- Demonstrable experience of reviewing multiple sources of information and identifying and summarising key issues and risks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and credibly with colleagues, senior management and subject-matter experts.
- Experience of leading a team for specific pieces of work, providing direction, and delivering high quality work through others.
- Good understanding of the FCA, its approach to regulation and/ or its risk framework and the challenges.
- Excellent analytical skills and able to consider the wider business context with a curious attitude (i.e. a person who does not take statements at face value but who investigates the factual position in order to make informed and well-reasoned judgements).
- Ability to manage complex information on a wide range of issues to extract key risks, to identify trends and ‘join-the-dots’ and to propose pragmatic recommendations and solutions to real problems.
- Proven ability to analyse and make judgements on a wide range of issues and data and to advise on the best way to address those issues.
- A flexible, proactive and positive approach to the way you work with the ability to apply initiative and work in a changing environment including meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, which includes the ability to promote productive working relationships with senior stakeholders in other Divisions and the ability to collaborate with internal R&CO stakeholders.
- Role models the FCA Values.
- Experience in performing assurance reviews.
- Project management skills.
- Broad knowledge of internal control processes and approach to risk management across the organisation
- A good understanding of data manipulation and visualisation techniques (e.g. Tableau)
The FCA supports hybrid working and you will be expected to work 40% of your time over a month, in our office. We will consider other flexible arrangements, for example part time working, and you can discuss this with the recruiter.
Deadline: Applications close at 28th October 2022
First round interview: The competencies on which you will be questioned are the FCA’s core skills (see fca.org.uk/publication/corporate/fca-values-core-skills.pdf.).
- This role is graded as Level 6 (Lead Associate).
- The salary range will be approximately £53,000 – £90,000, together with a competitive flexible benefits package, flexible working arrangements and non-contributory pension.
The FCA has a national role and is committed to a national footprint. This role can be based in London, Edinburgh, or Leeds.
The FCA has London and National Pay ranges to reflect regional differences. The salary for this role will be:
London – up to £90,000
National (roles in Edinburgh/Leeds) – up to £81,000
For more information, see fca.org.uk/careers/experienced-professionals.