Siemens is currently offering Lead Telecoms Engineer position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Glasgow, Scotland, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Lead Telecoms Engineer||Company Name:||Siemens||Job Location:||Glasgow, Scotland, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Siemens||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Siemens Mobility Limited have a great opportunity for a Lead Telecoms Engineer (Networks) to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently – complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solutions to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signaling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is for a Lead Telecoms Engineer (Networks) capable of technically delivering modern, operational telecommunication designs and solution for various railway projects. The role will involve delivering data networks for railway projects and bids based on customer requirements. We deliver data networks for station systems (CCTV, Voice, passenger information), SCADA systems and backbone communications/transmission networks. The job holder will work as a Lead design engineer reporting to design manager and will provide mentorship to entry level talents and early career engineers contributing to their career development and progression. This person must be capable of building and maintaining strong communication links with the customers’ telecoms specialists and delivery partners and collaborate with the systems engineering group, the project delivery teams and research and development team.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Analyse customer requirement, produce and review design, configuration and assist with factory or lab implementation and testing.
- Production or review of IP based data networks designs including architectural diagrams, description documents, low level network design, IP Addressing/Subnetting design and configuration
- Production or review of network security architecture and designs.
- Managing customer requirement and produce system requirements and proposals
- Assisting in development of bid and proposal including pricing and presentation of the solution to managers and customers.
- Presenting the network design architecture to the project and the customer.
- Development of associated test specifications
- Support for onsite build and test
- Support for integration and system testing
- Provide technical support and mentorship to early career team members.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree level qualification in relevant engineering field or other numerate subject or equivalent experience
- Experience designing networks within the Rail or similar industrial / mission critical environment
- Demonstrable experience in at least two of the following network designs: industrial control networks (IEC 61850); station or campus network for voice, video and critical data; service provider network (MPLS, IS-IS)
- Experience in network security including next generation firewalling (Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto), SIEM, Access Control, VPN
- Experience in network troubleshooting and third line support
- Cisco certified, or at working level with proven experience, to CCNP Service Provider/Enterprise, CCNP Collaboration and CCNP Security.
- Cisco certified to CCNA with extensive proven experience at this level
- Proven experience of producing formally documented network designs
- Established knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle
- Demonstrable experience of working to industry quality and safety standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions at all levels. Able to work to tight timescales
- Chartered engineer
- IRSE License
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Software Defined Networking or data centre
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Voice over IP/Unified Communication, server and virtualization or network automation
- Experience in at least one of the following security services: SIEM, Threat Intelligent, IAM.
- Cisco certified, or at working level with proven experience, to CCNP
- Experience in UK railway operational telecoms design, standards and delivery processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of railway systems: SCADA, Signalling, Radio, M&E, Station Information and Security Systems, electronic security.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, performance related bonus, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time