Website Royal Navy
Joining the Royal Navy on the Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (Air Engineering) means being fast-tracked to working with our most advanced aircraft. You’ll receive accelerated training, so you can be part of the team that maintains, services and inspects the Fleet Air Arm’s helicopters and fighter jets. They can’t fly unless everything is safe – and that’s where you come in. Unlike comparable civilian roles, you’ll quickly find yourself in charge of some of the most sophisticated kit in existence, as you join as a Probationary Leading Hand – two ranks higher than most Engineering Technicians.
- Be a central part of the Royal Navy’s aviation capabilities, getting hands-on with our jets and helicopters, and making sure they can take off whenever they’re needed.
- Serve on board a frigate, destroyer, aircraft carrier, at a Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS), or with a frontline squadron based overseas, looking after everything from the new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter to our Merlin helicopters.
- Develop your engineering skills and specialize in mechanical technology and avionics.
- You’ll need to use all of your knowledge to find innovative solutions to complex problems, often under pressure.
- Maintain, service and inspect the Fleet Air Arm’s aircraft, working with your team before and after every flight, and operating at the highest levels of the engineering industry.
- You must be a British or British Dual National, who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying
- You need to be a minimum height of 145cm
- You need to be aged 17 to 25
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Qualification & Experience:
- Certificate of Higher Education in Aeronautical Engineering
- You could work toward a degree like Aeronautical Engineering
- A minimum of three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above, including English Language, Mathematics and at least one science
Company: Royal Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A