Website Royal Navy
When you join the Royal Navy as an Air Engineer Officer, you’ll lead the people who ensure our aircraft are ready to take off at a moment’s notice. A team of highly-trained aviation engineers will look to you for advice, guidance and support on a daily basis as they tackle a range of complex problems, in challenging environments, all over the world. You’ll use your knowledge and expertise to guarantee the safety of our pilots and the reliability of our aircraft. Without you, our planes and helicopters stay grounded, and our reach is reduced.
- Work with some of the most advanced propulsion, weapons, navigation and control systems in existence, using your in-depth knowledge to find innovative solutions, often under extreme pressure.
- Lead a team of specialist Air Engineering Technicians. They’ll rely on you to mentor them, and in return, you’ll get to see them develop into the engineers of the future.
- Collaborate with fellow industry specialists to develop new aviation solutions, from concept, to testing, manufacture and application.
- Take overall responsibility for maintaining, updating, fitting and testing our planes and helicopters, at Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS), and on board ships all over the world.
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
- A British/British Dual National who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying
- Learn how to lead people in a highly pressurized environment.
- You’ll need to be aged between 17 and 39
- Minimum height of 145cm
- Build your team-working skills, working as a valued member of our management team.
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Gain an in-depth understanding of avionics and mechanical engineering – from the rotor system of a helicopter, to the weapons of a fighter jet.
Qualification & Experience:
- You’ll need at least 5 GCSEs at grades A-C (9-4) (or Scottish equivalent), which must include English and Mathematics at grade B/6 or above
- Become an internationally recognised Chartered Engineer – we’ll support your professional registration.
Company: Royal Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A