Website Network Rail
This opportunity is ideal for anyone looking to begin a career in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying. We’ll fully support you to develop and increase your roles and responsibilities, and further training may become available to develop these skills.
The focus of the role is to support a specific part of the Renewals North West’s business and assist with the Commercial Manager(s) operations.
- Assist the Project Teams in ensuring all relevant commercial and contract related data is processed using the Oracle system, this includes project managers instructions, valuation certificates, forecasting figures and any other relevant information necessary to ensure projects are managed efficiently and within corporate governance.
- Assist in cost reporting of all projects within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
- Process Contractor payments in Oracle in a timely manner and raise/ increase Purchase Orders in line with Commercial Manager requirements
- When required – assist the Commercial Manager with the assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications for payment and processing of payment certification in accordance with Network Rail processes, contractual terms, and conditions and in accordance with contractual entitlement.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in providing proactive advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with Network Rail change control systems and production of requisite documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority in a timely manner.
- Assist in producing appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions and management of commercial records
- Knowledge of railway and construction industry forms of contract
- Associate member of (or working towards) a professional body
- Computer literate
- Numeracy skills
- Basic knowledge of the construction / railway industry
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of working within a commercial environment
- Educated to A Level standard
- Knowledge of basic estimating, valuation and cost reporting
Company: Network Rail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A