Ofgem is currently offering Service Transition & Introduction Manager position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Cardiff, Wales, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Service Transition & Introduction Manager||Company Name:||Ofgem||Job Location:||Cardiff, Wales, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Ofgem||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Ensuring the success of new and evolving digital services
Ofgem exists to ensure a safe, sustainable energy supply to the households and businesses of Great Britain. As the industry regulator, we promote the highest standards of customer care and work with industry partners to ensure that our energy system and supporting infrastructure is safe, resilient and sustainable. To be a smart regulator, fit for a future energy sector, Ofgem must also transform its own IT services, taking advantage of new technology to modernise working practise and find new solutions for the business.
You’ll be at the heart of innovation and change in our organisation as you plan for the delivery of new services to the live production environment and coordinate resources to ensure they succeed. Offering wide exposure across Digital Services, this is a critical, cross-functional role liaising closely with project teams as well as the service desk and other IT support functions. Working at pace, and across diverse technology and projects, you’ll quickly enhance your profile and expertise.
With a strong background in transition management, you’ll be looking for a step up to a larger and more challenging role. You’ll bring experience of collaborating with IT project managers to create and refine comprehensive service documentation. This will include good knowledge of ITIL in either service design or transition. Quick to assess situations and confident about making decisions, you’ll ensure we plan and prioritise effectively. An in-depth understanding of Service Management Framework principles and processes is important, and you should also be familiar with a recognised project management methodology such as Prince2.
Ofgem relies on having a workforce that reflects the society we serve, so we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and especially those from underrepresented groups. While this is a full-time role, flexible working patterns and job shares are welcome. We will also support you with excellent training and development opportunities, plus a competitive benefits package.
This role is responsible for ensuring the service design & introduction process are carried out for any new or changing services being delivered. This is achieved through planning and communication activities and involves working closely with projects and all areas of the business.
The role is responsible for acting as the trusted advisor to Projects Managers on the service design and introduction aspects of a delivery to the live production environment. You will be required to assist with project delivery by leading on the understanding of what the service support model should look like, what resources will be needed to support the solution and what the support requirements will be in terms of Service Desk, Application Support, Service Operations, and Release & Deployment Mgmt., as well as other stakeholders i.e. third-party vendors.
The successful candidate will be able to work well under pressure within the project delivery space and be able to coherently communicate, constructively question and work independently on service design and introduction activities to fit business requirements.
- You will provide overall planning for service transitions and coordinate the required resources. In this role, you will be expected to control the product life cycle of all changes, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services.
- Own and run the transition process to ensure successful operation of new and changed services, including public/private cloud planning, service support modelling, vendor interaction/management, SLA design, KPI design, revision of operational processes, resolver group planning and other aspects required to ensure a smooth delivery into production and the appropriate quality of service thereafter
- Define appropriate operational procedures to support and maintain the Service and negotiate with capability owners to identify process managers and owners
- Capture and manage any risks to Service and ensure these are managed appropriately, ensuring change management policies and processes are followed by Change initiators introducing new or changing existing services in production
- Ensure that new IT assets and configuration items are identified and are captured , alongside side new supplier details and contractual commitments and are incorporated into service operating procedures
- Ensure all individuals involved with planning, project, and change activities are aware of their roles and responsibilities within Service Design & Introduction Process
- Ensure that all the key deliverables for acceptance into services are completed (SAC, Service Manual, SLA/OLA, ELS Agreement)