Website All Police Jobs
The City of London Police is unique among forces. As the national lead for fraud investigation, its influence extends far beyond the Square Mile, with investigations currently active throughout the U.K and internationally. It also serves the thriving and diverse community that lives and works within the country’s leading business and financial centre. We are actively seeking to recruit an Accredited Financial Investigator within the forces Asset Recovery Team on a fixed term contract until 30th June 2023
- You will form part of a team of Accredited Financial Investigators, Detectives and Police Staff responsible for the tracing and subsequent confiscation of criminal assets.
- You will conduct complex financial investigations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (including the amendments brought in by the Criminal Finance Act), such as confiscation, cash seizure and frozen funds investigations to support asset recovery.
- Be actively involved in developing intelligence and conducting investigations in this area.
- The role will also require you to proactively assist criminal investigations including assisting on searches and participation in other force wide Operations to maximise asset denial opportunities.
- The Asset Recovery Team provides a voluntary on-call FI function to deal with out of hours seizures and life at risk investigations. Staff are compensated for their participation in accordance with their regulations.
- Working in collaboration with internal and external departments/partners
- Detailed understanding of Proceeds of Crime Act legislation
- Takes personal responsibility for maintaining FISS CPD accreditation
- Experienced Accredited Financial Investigator with Part 2, 5 and 8 powers
- Experience of criminal investigations and a strong understanding of PACE & CPIA
- Highly motivated individual with proven investigative experience
- Experience of analysing and developing finance intelligence
- This vacancy is open only to those who have the right to work in the UK.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must hold a current accreditation with the National Crime Agency (NCA) for Part 2 (confiscation/restraint), Part 5 (cash seizure/account freezing orders/listed assets) and Part 8 (investigative orders).
Company: All Police Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A