Website All Police Jobs
Our mission is to protect and serve the public. As a police force, we’re there for the railway environment and its community, keeping levels of disruption, crime and the fear of crime as low as possible and helping look after vulnerable people. Our Special Constables are vital to achieving this.
As a volunteer police officer, you will have the same powers as full-time officers, playing a crucial role in getting the public home safe, secure and on time.
- The railways lie at the heart of Britain’s community, commerce and industry.
- With over 6 million passenger journeys and 400k tonnes of freight being moved from depots to docks every day on Britain’s railways we have the unique task of ensuring that all this takes place within a safe and secure environment.
- Working alongside full-time officers, you will experience the varied challenges of policing the railway – dealing with offenders, victims of crime, vulnerable people and the diverse community we serve.
- It’s a hugely varied role, so you’ll need to be ready for anything – from patrolling by foot or vehicle, through providing a reassuring presence on trains or at stations, to assisting at incidents including theft, assault or illegal travel.
- You will need to be a natural communicator who is able to build instant rapport with people from all walks of life.
- As one of our Special Constables, you’ll need to love variety and to not shy away from what can sometimes be difficult situations.
- As a Special Constable, you’ll need to be diplomatic in your approach and able to remain calm under pressure.
Company: All Police Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Croydon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A