Website Powys County Council
Powys County Council is currently offering HGV Technician – Powys County Council Jobs position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Newtown, Wales, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||HGV Technician – Powys County Council Jobs||Company Name:||Powys County Council||Job Location:||Newtown, Wales, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Powys County Council Jobs||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
To support and assist the Fleet Operations Supervisor to deliver a high functioning, customer focused HGV & LCV Inspections and maintenance service in accordance with DVSA regulatory standards, Corporate Fleet Policies and manufacturers’ recommendations. To provide an ‘out of hours’ service during the winter period and bank holidays to provide assistance to other service areas across the Council as required.
- Provide a proactive approach to maintaining the councils fleet of around 150 HGV’s to ensure compliance with the legal requirement in relation to the operation of the Council’s plant and transport fleet, the Council’s Operator’s license and DVSA.
- You will play a pivotal part in the service income maximization by logging and recording work activities, labour charges, ordering parts and monitoring impress stock on the digital database.
- Using the specialist IT equipment, undertake vehicle diagnosis and identify faults, errors and engine management codes then order parts required to complete satisfactory repairs on vehicles.
- Parts drawn from stores will be recorded. Then, undertake road testing of vehicles (and plant) if appropriate driving license held.
- You will also be expected to use craft skills for specialized work.
- Provide a specialist resource to the Council to promote an understanding and use of HGV & LCV preventative maintenance when carrying out vehicle and inspections, maintenance, servicing and repairs, following Council maintenance schedules to minimize vehicle downtime and disruption to service users and avoid unnecessary vehicle hires.
- Using the online Fleet Management system, complete and maintain accurate documentation including Vehicle Safety Inspection and service sheets.
- To sign each Inspection sheet at the end of the Inspection and record all repairs as required.
- To report any damage repair or non-predictable maintenance undertaken on a vehicle/plant, to enable appropriate costings to be captured.
- Commitment to provide a quality repair service and excellent customer service
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Good personal organizational skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in heavy vehicle or heavy plant maintenance.
- Accredited nationally recognized qualification in the repair and maintenance of vehicles or heavy plant to QCF level 3 or Current IRTEC Advanced Technician license holder or DVSA Nominated tester
- Experience in vehicle inspection to meet the standards set by DVSA
Company: Powys County Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newtown, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A