PwC UK is currently offering Digital Audit Senior Manager position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Digital Audit Senior Manager||Company Name:||PwC UK||Job Location:||London, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||PwC UK||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It’s a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to how we audit clients across all industries. There are two sides to Digital Audit which include; using our latest tools to help digitise the way we deliver audits through automation, AI, data analytics and innovation – known as Digital Auditing. The other side is Auditing Digital which involves auditing our client’s technology to give them assurance that security and controls are in place. This includes infrastructure, Cloud, and applications. As part of the team you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies and you’ll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to build a career that’s more than just numbers. We’re constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with the rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward-looking.
As the UK Audit Data Acquisition Project Lead, you will be responsible for working directly with the UK Audit Data Acquisition Leader (DAL), UK Audit Data Acquisition Manager and other UK x-LoS team leads to drive the usage of the automated data extraction techniques to obtain data from our clients accounting and operating systems.Data Acquisition toolkit (PwC Extract/ Xtract ABAP/ DataShare) across many of the UK engagements. The role will be integral to the success of our broader Digital Audit strategy and will enable you to build a strong understanding for the role data acquisition plays in the modern day audit in order to leverage Next Generation Audit (NGA)..
Day To Day Responsibilities Will Include
- Supporting the UK Data Acquisition Leader (DAL), including coordinating with senior stakeholders in the UK and Global teams
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Data Acquisition strategy – bringing the strategy to life
- Taking strategic decisions to ensure the successful delivery against agreed targets e.g. on resourcing, timelines, training and communication
- Leading and coaching a team, holding team members accountable for delivery of their remits weekly Data Acquisition leadership team meetings and hold members accountable for delivery of their remits
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders including Digital Audit leadership, Global product team and other territory PMOsies
- Oversight of the team, including UK Audit Data Acquisition Manager and onboarding SMEs
- Being a key point of escalation for any highly complex, high profile or strategically important client onboards to ensure successful resolution
- Delivery of pilot activities on new extraction tools, support for new accounting systemsERPs, or new downstream applications
- Ultimately responsibility for engagement amongst the audit practice, feedback from clients and engagement teams, and ensuring relevant feedback is provided to the Global team.
- Some knowledge/experience of existing Data Acquisition tools and techniques (for example, Database connection standards and Authentication (ODBC, Instant Client, BYOD, Rest API’s, DSN, Technology such as Azure Data Factorykit (PwC Extract/ Xtract ABAP/ DataShare), Databricks)
- Technical mindset and awareness of some of the complexities of data acquisition (Data Structures, infrastructure, databases types, VPNs, encryption/security)
- Understanding of audit requirements and having some technical competency (SQL/Python/Power BI, ADF, Databricks, API’s, Snaplogic, GITHub) to support troubleshooting and application development
- Experience in DevOps and/ or software development project management
- Experience in managing a team
- Good presentation/communication and influencing skills
- Strong ‘customer service’ mindset
In addition, we expect all our people in DA3 to demonstrate:
- Good time and job management skills, communication skills and strong ability to work across a number of separate projects simultaneously while maintaining contact with other team members
- Strong market credentials in data & analytics working with large organisations and an ability to demonstrate knowledge and insight in data management, data cleansing and data analytics within the audit process;
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, including communication with senior stakeholders of a non-data background (being able to communicate technical issues in simple business terms) and excellent reporting writing skills;
- Proven analytical and problem solving capabilities on complex engagements
- Potential and ambition to develop a long -term career in PwC.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The Skills We Look For
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.