PwC UK is currently offering Lending Lawyer position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Part Time at their office in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Lending Lawyer||Company Name:||PwC UK||Job Location:||Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK||Job Type:||Part Time||Job Category:||PwC UK||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
A career in our Banking and Finance practice, within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, on going compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks. Our team helps our clients with the key legal and documentation aspects of debt finance, including mergers and acquisitions, refinancing of existing debt, and asset finance. You’ll work closely with industry-focused colleagues of banking and finance lawyers that are well placed to respond quickly to client needs with business focused solutions, across a significant footprint.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the legal team based in one of our state of the art facilities, working closely with our other regional offices. We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a passion for client service. We are experiencing significant growth in our practice largely due to our ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster. This is the ideal environment for an individual who wants to be part of the future of legal services and solve real business problems.
Specifically, The Role Is Likely To Include
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including loan agreements (bilateral and syndicated), security, ancillary and CP documents.
- Providing lending SME and applying market/industry knowledge of lending transactions as part of wider PwC engagements.
- Knowledge-sharing and providing training and tailored lending SME support to colleagues in other parts of the PwC network.
- Supporting clients in the negotiation and execution of a range of lending transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients.
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution.
- Business development, including over time building a network of referrers within PwC as well as developing direct client relationships.
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction.
- Excellent academic background.
- Experience of negotiating loan agreements and advising on lending and security-related transactional matters, either as an in-house lending lawyer at a bank or other financial institution or at a leading law firm.
- Good working knowledge of LMA documentation and current market practice.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including loan agreements (bilateral and syndicated), security, ancillary and CP documents.
- Strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory space as it impacts on banks, insurers, funds, asset managers and other financial institutions.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required.
- Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster.
- Ability to lead, coach and manage junior team members and provide quality assurance and control.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude – ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration.
- Good technical legal skills.
- A keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the New Law Services practice.
Knowledge of or previous experience in the managed legal services industry or of working as an in-house legal counsel would be advantageous and looked on favourably. The successful candidate will be working with lawyers across the other UK offices and will be occasionally required to travel between offices.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The Skills We Look For
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.