Eurostar is currently offering Quality Assurance Engineer position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London Area, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Quality Assurance Engineer||Company Name:||Eurostar||Job Location:||London Area, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Eurostar||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
At Eurostar we’re busy making Europe’s most loved travel experience better than ever. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, connected, cosmopolitan team that feels at home in four countries and shares the same goal – to create an experience for our passengers that’s always truly exceptional. Do you want to be part of this journey?
An opportunity has arisen to join Eurostar as its Quality Assurance Engineer.
You will be part of the HSQE team and work closely with the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer and the Document Control Manager to ensure high standards of quality are achieved within the organisation.
You role will assist the Quality Manager in ensuring alignment with BS EN ISO9001 requirements (QMS) and ECM requirements (regulation (EU) 2019/779). You will drive continuous improvement in all areas across Rolling Stock, including internal non-conformance and carrying out regular internal audits.
The position is based in our Engineering Center in Leyton.
Internal use only
Grade E, based in TMI
We are looking for someone to…
- Execute the annual ‘IRS internal audit programme’ by conducting internal audits in compliance to ISO9001 and ECM legislation. Create and follow up the progress of post audit action plans.
- Execute second party audits of contracted suppliers in the UK. Check the compliance with the defined maintenance regime and contractual requirements. Follow up the raised non-conformances and create action plans status reports.
- Monitor the IRS compliance processes against QMS and ECM legislation. Plan and execute inspections, Level 2 In Process checks in accordance with IRS compliance monitoring process.
- Support the Quality Manager with external audits in compliance to BS EN ISO9001 and ECM. Assist with the management of non-conformances raised by external certification bodies (ISO9001, ECM) and inspectors (ORR, Channel Tunnel Safety Authority).
- Manage the internal non-conformance process (PIR). Identify and raise non-conformances. Ensure quality issues are reported appropriately and actioned. Engage with managers to follow up the action plans, provide KPIs and action status reports to HSQE. Identify trends and root causes. Escalate overdue actions to Quality Manager as necessary.
- Support the Quality Manager with the implementation of processes and practices in compliance to BS EN ISO9001 and ECM requirements. Assist the Quality Manager with the development and implementation of the Integrated Management System (ISO9001, ISO45001, IS014001).
- Engage with staff to implement efficiently the procedures which form part of QMS. Provide guidance and operational support to managers to meet requirements of ISO9001 and ECM legislation. Organise the provision of quality management related training needs as required.
- Develop initiatives to increase staff awareness of quality management and ECM principles
- Create management reports for the periodic IRS Quality & Safety reviews
- Ensure the classification and archiving of the traceability elements of audit reports, non-conformance reports and related evidence. Manage and optimise the quality issues database.
- Drive continuous improvement and manage quality-based projects as required.
- Participates in the management of operational safety incidents and investigations.
- Contributes to the monitoring of contracting activities in compliance to ECM requirements, including safety tasks.
You’ll need …
- To have a technical degree or equivalent
- To be a qualified and experienced ISO9001 Lead Auditor
- An established experience in quality management (ISO9001)
- To be familiar with Quality tools (8D, 5Whys etc.)
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Experience in the railway industry
- IRCA/CQI membership or working towards
- ISO45001 and ISO14001 Internal Auditor
- Knowledge of railway industry standards
- French language skills
- Travel benefits for work and play
- A great pension
- Exclusive discounts and perks
You will need to provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK as we do not provide sponsorship.
If you feel like your skills and experience are relevant for the role, please don’t hesitate to apply!
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.