Guardian is currently offering Residential Support Worker position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Chelmsford, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker||Company Name:||Guardian||Job Location:||Chelmsford, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Guardian||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Residential Support Worker
Academics are working with a established care provider who provide short and long-term residential services for children aged 11-18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Their homes have all recently been awarded Good or Outstanding by Ofsted and due to the opening of two new residential care homes, we are recruiting for multiple positions.
Your aim whilst caring for our looked after children in the children’s home will be to build trusting positive relationships and a nurturing environment that replaces a family home.
This role is unique. With training and support you will develop the skills required to embed our therapeutic approach and support the children to live in an environment which is not only safe and nurturing but also enables the growth and development of our looked after children.
You will need to be caring by nature but also strong and boundaried to be able to hold and support our children through the hardest of times. We are looking for tough, resilient professionals who are willing to join us on the journey of a life time. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace; we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues with our in-house training programmes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
Our role is to prepare the young people in our residential homes for life after care, ensuring that they all have the necessary skills and knowledge to live independently and lead meaningful and rewarding adult lives. It is our role to safeguard them whilst in our care, dealing with a manner of risks and challenging behaviour associated with young people who have often suffered trauma and loss.
- To provide support to young and vulnerable adolescence in residential care
- Ensuring daily diary, communication books, progress reports and other forms of reports are read and keep up to date
- Provide security and safety to young people
- Be an advocate and appropriate adult as and when necessary
- To work in line with Young Peoples Care Plans, Independence programmes and Positive Behaviour Programmes
- Engaging with the young people appropriately to develop their social skills and wellbeing
- To talk with social workers and other professionals to achieve positive outcomes for young people
- To carry out domestic duties including cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing and anything other tasks vital to maintaining the home as a clean, tidy and safe environment
Personal Skills & Abilities Required;
- Caring, flexible and responsive in order to meet our Young People’s needs, which may change day to day and over time
- An active listener, being empathetic but not sympathetic
- Supportive, non-judgmental and have an approachable and open manner
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Communicate clearly and precisely with your colleagues, Young People, their family, friends and representatives, and other professionals
- Cope well with pressurised and potentially difficult situations
- Hold a full driving license
- QCF Level 3 desirable but not essential training will be given
Chelmsford, Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford
To find out more about this role and attend a trial day to see if this is the right role for you then please contact Thomas James @ Academics on 01245 921 888, send your CV to [email protected] or CLICK ‘APPLY’ now!