Rolls-Royce is currently offering Test Engineering Manager position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Bristol, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Test Engineering Manager||Company Name:||Rolls-Royce||Job Location:||Bristol, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Rolls-Royce||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
Test Engineering Manager (TEM)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Test Engineering Manager (TEM) to join our team in Bristol.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Manufacturing, Assembly & Test (MA&T) in Bristol.
Manufacturing, Assembly & Test (MA&T) in Bristol is responsible for component manufacture, Engine MRO, OE Engine build, Component Repair and test of MRO & OE engines and development rigs across the entire Defence portfolio and beyond.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
This role will lead an experienced engineering team to enable the delivery of the Test business plan and support the growth in Test capacity and capability. We are looking for candidates who can coach and lead a team focusing on operational support and continuous improvement.
You will act as the Technical Authority for Test Operations (MRO and OE). Professionally accountable is to the Chief of Manufacturing Engineering whilst taking day to day direction from the Head of Test Operations and working closely with the Test Production Leaders.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are, so we encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best – wherever and whenever you work.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve as the Technical Authority for the area, accountable for the Method of test, governance of changes to that method and compliance to the design intent to ensure product safety.
- Support the execution of the Test business plan and lead the technical elements within it.
- Integrate with the wider engineering team to support operational requirements (performance / MRO team etc).
- Integrate the Engineering functional accountabilities into the MA&T strategy addressing key issues such as method and operational improvement and product assurance
- Create, develop and retain a professional community which can enhance the business processes and objectives
- Liaise with other engineering functions on opportunities to reduce waste and cost through specification alignment and the use of alternative methods
- Coach the Test engineering community in the implementation of Production System and robust problem-solving methods through the business
- Support compliance to all HSE, export and regulatory requirements
Who We’re Looking For
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or relevant Science or Mathematics degree subject with suitable experience or suitable alternative
Recognised national or international engineering accreditation (e.g. UK IEng or CEng) or suitable alternative
To fulfil this role, you will need a working knowledge of improvement methodologies and how to lead teams alongside a detailed working knowledge.
You Will Be Able To
- Work effectively with a variety of functions to manage, validate, execute and deliver practical solutions directly to the operations team, coordinating effectively with the operational customer
- Work cross-functionally to develop improved operating methods, standards and processes
- Display a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Show success in building, coaching and motivating high-performing teams
- Demonstrate a history of effectiveness in finishing and delivering on commitments
Join us & Power Our Future
Pioneers of power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at www.careers.rolls-royce.com
Closing Date: 4th November 2022
21 Oct 2022; 00:10