Rolls-Royce is currently offering UK Competence Lead position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Derby, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||UK Competence Lead||Company Name:||Rolls-Royce||Job Location:||Derby, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Rolls-Royce||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
UK Competence Lead – Electromagnetics & Thermals
Derby / Hybrid
Why Rolls Royce?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a UK Competence Lead specialising in Electromagnetics & Thermals to Join Rolls-Royce Electrical (RRE) supporting the Defence Aerospace Business.
You will develop and engage assigned Engineering personnel to meet current and future business requirements, deploy assigned staff to approved business activities/technical programmes. You will also own and support definition of the appropriate section of the Engineering strategy.
At Rolls-Royce Electrical, we’re at the forefront of cutting-edge electrical power and propulsion technology. Our mission is to create solutions to provide the power that matters.
Work with us and we’ll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. So we encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best – wherever and whenever you work.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide technical leadership to the Engineering resource group and ensure compliance to process throughout the life cycle activity
- Create and maintain resource plans to meet the overall delivery commitments
- Ensure that sufficient resource is available, through subcontract and recruitment (whilst adhering to Company manpower policy) to meet current and future business’ needs and budgets.
- Own the appropriate section of the business strategy/programme and ensure that the capabilities and resources necessary to deliver the strategy have been identified.
- Ensure effective performance management in particular ensure that employees have relevant & appropriate objectives through the Business Plan Deployment Process.
Who We’re Looking For
Being a part of Rolls-Royce you’ll know we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrates sound engineering judgement and knowledge of the Sector Customers and Programmes.
- Demonstrates effective leadership & engineering skills.
- Capable of building high performing teams and effecting a positive shift in attitudes and behaviours.
- Understanding of Company Quality policies and processes deployed within the resource group.
- Experienced in applying process improvement techniques and driving business improvements.
To work on Defence project, the right candidate will need to be UK based, have the right to work in UK, not be a US national and have been cleared through the company’s BPSS checks (Baseline Personnel Security Standard up to OS).
Join us & Pioneer what’s possible
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at careers.rolls-royce.com
Closing date: 7th November 2022
Electrical and Electronics
24 Oct 2022; 00:10