ScotRail has played a critical role in keeping people moving during the pandemic, with services helping get key workers and others to where they need to be. There has been significant investment across the network to electrify lines, and on new and upgraded trains. This helped to deliver ScotRail’s highest ever score for customer satisfaction in the most recent National Rail Passenger Survey. With more than 5,000 employees, we are looking for people who are focused on our customers, to continue delivering the best possible service for people throughout the country.
- Undertake on-call role to ensure 24-7 provision of on call to the business.
- Supporting the Wi-Fi provision for staff in stations, depots and office locations, securely and reliably.
- Attend contract meetings and preparation of work programs.
- Managing external suppliers to ensure delivery of works and equipment to meet deadlines.
Support of projects into service with full supporting business processes, technical
- Completing and Submitting RAMS documents as required to undertake work in a safe manner.
- Carrying out Quality Assurance on works when complete.
documentation and support procedures.
- Manage successful delivery and support of IT based projects, either IT led projects or as part of a wider business project management team.
- Management of a flexible and responsive service to ensure our connectivity with third parties issecure, available, resilient and implemented within reasonable timeframes.
- Liaise with the IT change management process to ensure stable and non-disruptive delivery of services.
- Ensuring the ScotRail networking estate is cyber-secure, available and resilient and contributing to the prompt resolution of issues and outages.
- Able to work independently, across the estate and in remote locations.
- Experience with fiber and copper cabling and troubleshooting issues related to both.
- Full Driving License
- Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Rounded technical knowledge of IT infrastructure (particularly IP networks – BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, Switches, Routers, Firewalls & Wi-Fi)
- Experience in delivery of IT projects as project lead and working with the business to achieve successful outcomes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Falkirk, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A