Royal Mail is currently offering Seasonal Mail Sorters position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Inverness, Scotland, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Seasonal Mail Sorters||Company Name:||Royal Mail||Job Location:||Inverness, Scotland, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Royal Mail||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
About the job
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s important for us to bring people together. After another year of delivering smiles across the country, we now need you to help us deliver the Christmas magic the nation needs.
Christmas is our busiest time of year and with so many parcels and letters coming through our doors, we always need talented people to join us. Whatever your circumstances, if you fancy earning a little extra cash, then this could be the perfect seasonal job for you.
This role is based at Inverness Mail Centre, 50 Seafield Road, Inverness, IV1 1SG
Pay and shift patterns
Most sites offer a range of shifts, so finding one that suits you should be simple. Typical shift patterns include:
- Lates: Mon to Sat, 14:00 – 22:00 (£12.99 p/h)
- Nights: Mon to Sat, 22:00 – 06:00 (£14.49 p/h)
- Earlies: Mon to Sat, 06:00 – 14:00 (£11.99 p/h)
At a number of our sites, we also offer onsite canteen facilities, access to a subsidised gym and even help with transport.
Unwrap a new role
As one of our Seasonal Mail Sorters you’ll play a key role in delivering Christmas to the nation. On a daily basis you’ll unload mail and parcels from our vans, move them through our centres plus help sort letters. It’s an important, hands-on role, ensuring every parcel, letter and present reaches their final destination, safely.
Our Christmas wish list for Mail Sorters
- You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and be happy to switch between various tasks during a shift
- Able to push trolleys (up to 250kgs) and lift and move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- Comfortably able to stand for long periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before but experience in warehouse or sorting work is a plus. If you’ve worked for another distribution company then you’re on our wish list too!
Fancy joining us. Just click to apply.
- Please only apply for a Seasonal role at one location. You may be considered for other sites in your local area, but multiple applications will be deleted.
- On your application, we’ll ask which hours you’d prefer to work. So that we can process your application effectively, please ensure that you choose one of the shift patterns above (if you’re under 18, you can’t legally work night shifts). Shifts are offered on a first come, first serve basis. And while we try to be accommodating, flexibility is a must during our busiest time of year.
- If you’ve registered with Angard for Royal Mail work , you don’t need to apply for a Seasonal Mail Sorter role. Just speak to an Angard representative for more information.
Can’t wait to get started? Our roles get snapped up, so please complete each stage of the process quickly to avoid disappointment.