Selfridges is currently offering NPD Technical Manager position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in London Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||NPD Technical Manager||Company Name:||Selfridges||Job Location:||London||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Selfridges||Job Link Expiry:||2023-04-15||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
NPD Technical Manager
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
The Food Technical team support the Food & Restaurants Division by ensuring we sell and serve food and drink in the most safe and legal way possible. The NPD Technical Manager provides leadership and expertise to a cross-functional team and our suppliers ensuring we deliver Selfridges Own Label products of the highest possible quality.
As NDP Technical Manager you will:
- Create and implement the Own Label Supplier and Product Safety Policy in line with legislation and industry best practice.
- Lead and manage the technical development, sign off and ongoing review of our Own Label suppliers, products, packaging and specifications – support the “Stage & Gate” process from concept to post launch.
- Champion the delivery of Own Label brand standards, including the continuous improvement of products.
- Develop and communicate core KPIs to validate performance.
- Present project updates to relevant leadership teams.
- Help us build a sustainable future by supporting our sustainability targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about food, food quality and safety standards.
- An excellent collaborator, building strong, sustained relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A great project manager who can deliver to tight deadlines, in an ever-changing environment.
- An expert in food composition, food microbiology and nutritional profiles.
- Strong in your knowledge of food legislation and the associated regulations.
- The holder of a Level 3 HACCP qualification (minimum) and an experienced lead auditor.
- Competent in managing, leading and developing a team.
- Commercially astute, understanding and supporting the delivery of sales targets whilst balancing the importance of legal obligations.
- Decidedly able to use your influence to effectively challenge peers and key stakeholders to protect the brand.
- An advocate for diversity and inclusion in what you say and in what you do.
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked…Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.