Website Valuation Office Agency
We are an executive agency of HMRC with around 3,500 people. We are looking for a Strategy Lead to help deliver the strategic direction for the organization by developing clear, operable strategies that deliver our strategic objectives in the most cost effective way. Our ambition is to base strategies on a more detailed understanding of customers, and this post is primarily responsible for leading the transition of our Customer & Channel Strategy into design and delivery, and ensuring ongoing customer-facing activity aligns with our strategic intent. Strategy development on other topics may also be required. This role requires regular engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, including presentation at senior governance boards.
- Provide strategy input into investment cases, annual business plans, etc.
- Stakeholder management:
- Identify key stakeholders and develop effective relationships to enable collaborative working on strategy development, influencing to obtain buy-in and alignment to strategic ambitions
- Support refinement of the Agency’s approach to vulnerable customers and those who need enhanced support.
- Act as the strategic customer contact point on future work, championing the Customer & Channel Strategy and feeding into work as required
- Collaborate with Customer Insight and Customer Experience teams, and broader teams to ensure our strategic customer vision is upheld across the Agency
- Lead strategy development:
- Define strategic ambition, develop strategic business cases, drive strategic analysis, put in place the steps to enable the strategy to be delivered
- They will understand how to ensure strategies or change initiatives are deliverable in complex environments.
- They will be flexible in terms of the tasks they undertake, responding to the Agency’s changing priorities and needs.
- They will have strong people and engagement skills, able to influence at all levels.
- They will be able to work well as part of a team and lead others in the face of ambiguity.
- The post holder will have a strong track record of strategy development and implementation, or substantial use of strategic tools and techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of developing customer strategies
- Experience operationalizing strategies for large-scale organizations
- Experience developing strategies that set longer term overarching direction for an operational delivery organization and/or multiple areas, or substantial use of strategic tools and techniques.
- Experience working in a large organisation at pace, able to adapt and deliver in the face of uncertainty
Company: Valuation Office Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A