Website Valuation Office Agency
Valuation Office Agency is currently offering Complex Caseworker National Taxation Sector – Valuation Office Agency Jobs position for qualified individuals who are willing to work Full Time at their office in Worthing, England, UK Be sure to check job specifications carefully before proceeding.
|Job Title:||Complex Caseworker National Taxation Sector – Valuation Office Agency Jobs||Company Name:||Valuation Office Agency||Job Location:||Worthing, England, UK||Job Type:||Full Time||Job Category:||Valuation Office Agency Jobs||Job Link Expiry:||2022-12-30||Posted on:||Jobstrea.xyz|
This is an excellent opportunity to lead on high profile and complex casework in National Taxation, Community Infrastructure Levy, Right to Buy and DWP Benefits working closely with the Sector Head for National Taxation, the existing team of Complex Caseworkers and Sector Leaders within the sector and the Technical Policy team within CVG.
- Acting as an expert witness, appearance before arbitrators or submission of evidence to independent experts and Lands Tribunals where required.
- Reviewing high profile or complex valuations. Identifying risks and issues, making recommendations on action to be taken and ensuring quality assurance and timeliness standards are adhered to.
- Reporting to stakeholders up to and including Ministerial level where necessary.
- Undertaking complex and high profile valuation casework within the National Taxation sector, including HMRC and DWP valuations to support the administration of Benefits, Right to Buy and Community Infrastructure Levy.
- Providing Trade related valuations and Development Appraisals with a significant focus on the London geographical area.
- Liaising with a broad range of specialists on technical and policy issues.
- Ensuring an awareness of the wider political, economic, social, technical, environmental and legislative agendas that impact DVS and the National Taxation Sector.
- Providing detailed technical guidance, training and mentoring to DVS caseworkers on a regional and national basis.
- Ability to act as an expert witness, appearance before arbitrators or submission of evidence to independent experts and Lands Tribunals where required.
- The ability to understand and challenge the needs of the client in the delivery of high value/complex work.
- Continuing to build and develop an advanced level of valuation knowledge, providing guidance, mentoring and support to other team members.
- Identifying risks and issues and propose solutions ahead of risks becoming issues.
- Good understanding of the links to other work areas and the external business environment.
- The ability to build trusted and credible relationships with clients, peers and wider DVS team members.
- Evidence of strong negotiation and communication skills in complex and challenging valuation cases, applying technical expertise and capability.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced level of technical knowledge, including the application of relevant legislation, case law, and codes of practice and professional standards.
- Experience of valuing trade related properties and undertaking development appraisals.
- A good knowledge of the London market, but if this is limited, then a willingness to develop knowledge and technical expertise in this geographical area.
Company: Valuation Office Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Worthing, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A