Website Welsh Government
The IT Services Division is a cornerstone of Welsh Government’s functions and the work that its staff have delivered during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic was recognised with a special Permanent Secretary’s Award in the 2021 Welsh Government Awards. The Principal Technical Architect reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer, provides high level leadership with IT Services and is responsible for making sure the IT strategy is agreed and followed. They are accountable for WG’s Technical Architecture and portfolio of solutions, and provide strategic guidance to all technology initiatives. The Principal Technical Architect is accountable for defining the overall architecture and design of IT solutions, and working within technical teams in the elaboration of solutions within the defined architecture.
- Lead and facilitate the architecture governance process, ensuring architectural requirements align with the IT strategy.
- Network, communicate with, and influence senior stakeholders (G6 and SCS) across Welsh Government and other organisations, and proactively seek out opportunities for digital transformation.
- Establish, implement and ensure best practice is followed as well as lead and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends.
- Act as the lead technical architecture Subject Matter Expert for WG, providing specialist advice to a diverse set of stakeholders and solving complex and high-risk issues.
- Build and develop high performing teams by leading and inspiring other architects and technical resource, and build cooperation between teams to successfully deliver organizational goals.
Not necessary to undertake the duties of this post
Company: Welsh Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A